DEAR CFN CHURCH FAMILY
We were blessed to have Peter and Betty Burnett ministering in service on Sunday. If you missed the service, watch it and other messages online at https://cfnchurch.net/ , at https://www.facebook.com/cfnchurch or at https://www.youtube.com/user/CFNChurch12
Read 1 Kings 18. This is a challenge for us to be Ambassadors for Jesus Christ.
1. SHOW UP- Elijah was told to show up and confront the powers of darkness. Today, I challenge you to SHOW UP- show up at CFN Church each Sunday to receive the word of edification and encouragement, to be re-fired and empowered for the confrontation with the darkness that is so prevalent around us and to share your love and spiritual gifts with the Body of Christ. SHOW UP & REACH OUT TO OTHERS IN JESUS CHRIST’S NAME!
2. LISTEN TO GOD TO RECEIVE HIS WORD. (Watch last week’s message by Pastor Rayanna “Hearing God’s Voice”)
3. OBEY GOD- Move in faith. Faith pleases God.
4. KEEP LISTENING- He gives us strategies for prayer and for action.
5. FEAR NOT- God is with you!
6. ENGAGE THE DARKNESS- we are in warfare expecting the Supernatural move of God as Elijah did when he confronted the priests of Baal. Elijah piled on the wood, made a trench, and filled the trench with water, then called the fire from Heaven… to show God’s supernatural power. God sent the fire and defeated the powers of darkness. Then He sent the rain and broke the drought and famine! Are you ready for the Supernatural move of God?
SO HOW CAN WE ENGAGE THE DARKNESS? JOIN THE ARMY OF GOD AS WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY!!
“DEALING WITH ANXIETY” class taught by Dean John Tranel Wednesday nights (TONIGHT) 7 pm in JMH
FOOD DISTRIBUTION & PRAYER (serve whatever time slot you have) Thursday, 10 am-5 pm at Dream Center GLT
INTERCESSORY PRAYER Friday mornings, 10 am, at Dream Center GLT
KIDZ KONNECT Children’s Outreach Saturdays, (meet at 9 am) 10:30 am-12 noon, JMH. Van Driver needed.
EVANGELISM OUTREACH Saturdays, meet at 1 pm at JMH. This week we will go to neighborhood businesses.
FRIENDSHIP SUNDAY: BRING A GUEST (& MORE) Sunday, October 17th, 10 am Service. Bring at least one guest for a special service. The person (& immediate family) with the most new friends present in Church is invited to “Lunch with the Pastors” on Sunday, October 24th after Church.
HALLELUJAH DAY COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Saturday, October 30 (Meet at 8 am on the field) 11 am-3 pm Volunteers needed to set up the stage and prepare the field; to serve in Registration; to host community booths (we need to borrow small tents to cover booths); to donate prizes or to ask businesses to donate prizes; to serve in Evangelism (We need donations of English Bibles) and Prayer; to donate, prepare and serve food; to prepare cakes for a “Cake Walk”; to serve in Security; to take flyers out two weeks before the event; to clean up and put everything away after the event is finished. CALLING THE CHURCH TO ACTION!!
YOUTH: Wednesdays, 5:30-7:30 pm at Dream Center GLT (Volunteers needed to prepare dinner for the Youth group. Sign up for your Wednesday evening.)
HEARTS4HIM Ladies’ Ministry: Saturday, October 9, 2:00-4:30 pm, JMH
MEN’S BREAKFAST: Saturday, October 23, 9 am Student Center
WE ARE AMBASSADORS FOR CHRIST JESUS; Let’s show up and obey His call!
In His Love,
Pastors Tom and Rayanna Fields